Your privacy is important to us
When you join FASA we collect some basic information about you. This is so we can contact you easily to provide relevant updates on our activities from time to time. We also would like to know if you have FA or are close to a person who has FA. This information will help us build a profile of the FA community in Australasia so we can tailor our activities to best suit our members.
Fanconi Anaemia Support Australasia Inc (ABN 81 431 746 275) is committed to managing your personal and sensitive information openly and transparently and will keep your information safe. We will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPS).
- FASA will keep your information in electronic and hard copy formats. We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect the information we hold from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Your details will only be available to FASA committee members for the purposes of planning and communication.
- FASA will not provide your information to any third parties.
- From time to time third parties (e.g. researchers, policy makers) might contact us wishing to reach out to you. If they request direct contact with any of our members we will forward their request to allow you to choose whether to proceed.
- FASA will respond promptly to any request from you to cease communications, or to cancel your membership of FASA. Such requests can be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org